Coatings & Alloys
Stainless Steel & Other Available Alloys
In today’s printing industry it is critical to run high performance equipment at capacity. Dorstener Wire Drawing’s high quality stitching wire allows you to run high speed saddle stitchers at their quoted capacity.
DWD offers custom alloys and coatings for specialty stitching applications, in addition to our branded wire.
- Stitching wire made from 304ss & 316ss stainless steel wire for specialty medical & chemical resistant applications
- 304 Stainless Steel stitching wire is generally sold on 5 lb and 35 lb spools
- Tinned coated stitching wire
- Galvanized or zinc coated stitching wire
- Nylon or color coated stitching wire (blue, red, black and other colors)
Applications for Stainless Steel Stitching Wire
Many medical manuals utilize stainless steel stitching wire (i.e. operating room journals).
Items printed on specialty coated paper can increase the life of the product by adding stainless steel staples.
Journals that will be used in corrosive environments can benefit from stainless steel staples.
Our wire brands are:
POWERBIND® – A unique product that allows the user to reduce the wire diameter without sacrificing strength. POWERBIND® is a low carbon wire that performs like a high carbon wire but is more ductile and forgiving on stitching heads and components. It is specifically designed for high speed stitching equipment.
Dorstener’s staff will work with you to help determine the appropriate alloy, tensile strength and coating for your specific binding application. All wire products used in the manufacture of binding wire are CPSIA compliant.